Friday, June 20, 2014

Without fear...


What would life be like if we lived without fear?
I'm not talking about running with scissors or walking on the balcony railing of a 10 story building. I'm talking about life interactions. Life experiences. Life relationships. Life choices.


     -Without fear of abandonment?
     -Without fear of failure?
     -Without fear of being alone?
     -Without fear of hunger?
     -Without fear of violence?
     -Without fear of pain?
     -Without fear of judgment?
     -Without fear of criticism?
     -Without fear of the powerful?
     -Without fear of weakness?
     -Without fear of our own uniqueness?
     -Without fear of derision?
     -Without fear of rejection?
     -Without fear...
     -Without fear...
Is fear keeping me from opening the door to my neighbor? Is fear preventing me from knowing myself? Is fear causing me to create "safe" little boxes like closed-door churches, rigid parochial schools, and "brickwall" families? Is fear foiling my service to the Kingdom? Is fear keeping me from being vulnerable and honest? 

Is fear holding me back from living in faith knowing and believing and acting that "God so LOVES...That God is LOVE...that perfect LOVE casts away fear...that LOVE is the fulfillment of the law?" Is fear impeding my openness to let the SPIRIT fruit LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITHFULNESS, GENTLENESS, SELF-CONTROL ripen within me that my interactions with others produce a cornucopia of sustenance and delight?  

Come Kingdom of God. Be done, will of God, here on earth, here in me, as it is in heaven!

Worship this Sunday: 9 AM
      Coffee time: 10:15 AM
Sunday School: 10:30 AM
Brother Mick's message is "Fear Factors" with his sermon text from Matthew 10:24-39. Mick says in his presermon notes, "I want us to explore our fears, real or imagined, and the ways they impact, deter or hamper our abilities to do the will of God."

Merv Stoltzfus (Jan) will be facilitating the class with no name that is meeting in the Discovery room in the 1960 hall. I'll be in the Upper Room. You choose!

Prayer for today: Creator God, when we look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars which you have made; who are we, that you care about us. fragile humans? Yet You created us in Your image!  How majestic is Your name in all the earth!Psalm 8  As we are wrapped in your love, gentle God, take away our fears that prevent us from truly living, clearly seeing, and gently loving. Come Kingdom of God. Be done, will of God, here on earth as it is in heaven. In JESUS name. Amen. 

 Without question or doubt, you are loved by God, and I love you too!

Love and Light,
Carol


"Always remember who you are, whose you are, where you are going, and what you believe, because it does make a difference! Oh, and don't forget to attend a church of your choice this weekend." jd

No comments:

Post a Comment