Friday, August 3, 2012

Wonders of Summer

August is here and  back to school advertising is in full swing. This eighth month of the year typically brings the adage "Where did the summer go?," and this year is no exception. With that thought, I began thinking about all the wonders of summer that I enjoy.  I'll  share some of mine, and I hope inspire you to make your own list today.

Ahhh... Sweet Summertime!

-dewy grass between the toes
-ice cream at Lapp Valley
-Obie, the big yellow dog (yellow in every way), snapping at buzzy bees

-hummingbirds warring with their invisible lightsabers
-the delicious scent of fresh cut hay  

-the ponderous voice of the ocean serenading me while I have a book in hand and feet in sand   
-peaches, blueberries, corn, tomatoes, peppers, lopes, watermelon
-black eyed susans, purple coneflowers, snapdragons, petunias
-the katydid choir joined by the firefly lightshow
-nature's babies
 -rollicking giggles, guffaws, snickers, and shrieks when the house is full
-walks and talks with my neighbor
-long, glorious days of warmth and light
-visit from the parents
-Jennie's pool
-butterflies dancing in the treetops
-the "good morning/ have a great day/ sleep sweet" harmonies of my feathered friends and their swimming parties on the picnic rock
-Saturday morning coffee on the deck with the hubby
-picking the wild raspberries and blackberries that grow in our little wood
-bats dipping and diving as they dine on mosquitoes

 I could go on and on and on.... Delightful, simply delightful...I'm savoring these days.  Next week I plan to do just that as I will be listening to a seaside sonata; therefore, there will be no communique.

August brings a change in the Ridgeview worship schedule as there will be no Christian Ed classes.  Fellowship time will begin at 9am with worship starting at 9:30am.   Brother Mick will be sharing a message he is calling "Standing in the Bread Line" which continues the passage from John 6: 22-34. A question he will explore during his exposition is "would we stand in line to receive the bread of Jesus or have we grown so used to having untold choices that we will choose to feed on what is easiest or most available?"  I won't be there, but I will either listen to the cd or online when I return!

August 19 is "bring your guitar" Sunday.  This is something new, and I like it!  :)  Check out the bulletin for more info. http://www.ridgeviewmennonite.net/bulletins/current.pdf

A prayer for today: Creator God, I thank you for your divine presence, your spirit guidance and love. I thank for people. You have blessed us with many gifts and have plans for our lives.  Open us to hear your voice and walk in step with you.  Wrap us in your loving arms, Jesus, and fill us with the understanding of your Spirit. Renew our strength; fill our souls with your peace; intercede on our behalf providing whatever it is we need at this moment. Remind us that we are your valued and beautiful children, loved and accepted, not for what we do but simply because we are yours. May the peace and joy that is You flow through us to the people we are in contact with today. Come Kingdom of God. Be done will of God, on earth as it is in heaven. In Jesus name. Amen.

Without question or doubt, you are loved by God, and I love you too!

Love and Light,
carol

Always remember who you are, whose you are, where you are going, and what you believe, because it does make a difference!  Oh, and don't forget to attend a church of your choice this weekend. "  jd



No comments:

Post a Comment