Friday, March 15, 2013


At some point in this busy week, I grabbed a few minutes of outside time enjoying the beauty of God's creation. I usually feel like a visitor to the peace and beauty of nature, but this week I was overcome with a sense of unity recognizing that we, too, are God's genesis called to be not only a part of  God's natural world but also caretakers of it.

Take less than 4 minutes and watch my little slideshow with the melodious notes of my friend Jeff Raught  (http://jeffraught.com/ ) slow dancing with the piano, then make sure you get outside and soak up some natural peace. :)

Wings Over Wengers :)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilRmLYqp_6s

This week Brother Nelson is sharing a message titled, " And the real value is...."  We are continuing with our Lenten material and overarching theme of "Ashamed No More: Christ Has Made Us His Own." Scriptures are Isaiah 43:16-21, John 12:1-8, Psalms 126 and 119:9-16, and Philippians 3:4b-14. In his presermon notes, Nelson states, "God looks through our shame and declares we have value and are divine possessions." AMEN! I hope you can join us.

(At this moment a sweet little Carolina wren is serenading me. :) THANK YOU!)

We continue with Sunday school electives. I appreciated the discussion in the "Naked Anabaptist" class last week. You'll find me teaching senior high on this Sunday.  Here is the bulletin for details of the morning. http://www.ridgeviewmennonite.net/bulletins/current.pdf


A prayer for today: I am the Lord, your Holy One, the Creator of Israel, your King. Behold I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:15& 19.  Loving Creator, thank you for your transforming love and care of us.  Thank you for the beauty of your creation which includes us. Thank you for walking with us, teaching, healing, demonstrating love. Thank you, thank you, thank you.  Grant us courage to trust in your love today in spite of our difficulties or because of our difficulties.... Either way, Love Wins. Come Kingdom of God. Be done, will of God, on earth as it is in heaven.
 In Jesus Name. AMEN.

Without question or doubt, you are loved by God, and I love you too!

Love and Light,
Carol
"Always remember who you are, whose you are, where you are going, and what you believe, because it does make a difference! Oh, and don't forget to attend a church of your choice this weekend." jd


No comments:

Post a Comment