Friday, October 18, 2013

This is another of those mornings where the words just don't want to come. What to write? What to write?  I decided to work backwards, starting with the prayer at the end and work up hoping that by the time I got to my opening, I would be inspired as I have found that a change in the routine stimulates ideas. :) Here I am at the opening....

I am a believer that we are all created to be "creatives," after all, we are created in the image of the Ultimate Artist. I know that there are many studies "out there" on brains and creative process, and I've not read very many of them.  Here are a few of my unresearched, "This I believe" statements on the subject. (Thanks Edward R. Murrow, for this phrase. I'll have to put my statements into essay form on another day.)


  • We are created in the image of the Ultimate Creator.
  • Children are masters of creativity and imagination.
  • Sadly, as we grow up to fit into the "I'm a grown up now box," creativity is often stifled. I remember a few years ago a guest teacher for the Christian formation hour invited the adults to take crayons and paper and draw something related to the topic. You would have thought people were sitting in dentist chairs by their responses. 
  • Creativity involves discipline, action, and practice. 
  • Creativity can be useful in many life areas. I've been told that my husband is able to transform soccer practice making fitness, skill, and aspiration fun. Oh yeah! For those of you who say, "But it is supposed to be work and unpleasant,"  I say, "why can't we make work fun?"   Cliff has certainly been successful with this creative model!
  • Creativity embraces mystery and imagination. 
  • You are creative.  If you don't believe me, call me. We'll talk! 

I am really looking forward to hearing Brother Jon Hoover, who is an associate professor of Islamic studies at the University of Nottingham in England as well as someone who grew up at Ridgeview. Jon will bring not only his expertise in religious studies, but also his life experience of living in the Middle East for many years as he tackles the difficult passage of Ezekiel 6:1-14 where God punishes people so that they know God is God. Yikes! This passage seems quite foreign to my understanding of God.  Jon is calling his message "Knowing that the Lord is Lord." Please join us! The service begins at 10:15 AM. 

The young adults will continue to meet with the senior high youth for a few more weeks at 9 AM. Joy will be facilitating this week.  (Doesn't that sound wonderful?  "Joy" should be facilitating all our activities!") 

Congratulations to Tynea and Michael and the rest of the family on the the birth of Adelyn Shay. I can't wait for a snuggle! I'll be calling. :) 


Creator God, you are our keeper and our shade; our protector and constant comfort.  Though the mountains shake and the hills be removed, still your love for us will never fail. Lord, what does this mean when times are tough? When disaster and pain  strike, what then?  Life is difficult, and there is so much injustice. What then, Lord? Let our mustard seed faith hold on to You; to know in our heads and hearts that you will never leave us nor forsake us.  Grant us courage to act in loving You and loving our neighbors. Come Kingdom of God. Be done will of God, here on earth as it is in heaven. In Jesus name. AMEN. 

Without question or doubt, you are loved by God, and I love you too!
Love and Light,
Carol

(PS For a closer look at the photos, click on them!) 

"Always remember who you are, whose you are, where you are going, and what you believe, because it does make a difference! Oh, and don't forget to attend a church of your choice this weekend." jd

No comments:

Post a Comment