Friday, October 19, 2012

Petal Connections

As we sat on the T (subway) in Boston, Jan and I studied the metro map above the doors. "I think Bryan said we could either get off at Downtown Crossing and walk or take the green line one stop, or was it...."   The young man sitting next to me on the swaying metro looked up from his Ipad, smiled, and asked "Where are you going?" 
"Faneuil Hall." 
This kindly person shared the route with us, giving us tips and suggestions for our day.  Throughout our short excursion to Boston, petals of kindness were shared with us by strangers and loved ones as we explored the city and travelled by train, bus, subway, and auto. Oh, and our feet also logged many miles!
 The last two weeks as Jan and I have updated one another on our lives, I've had the opportunity to introduce her to some of my friends. I've thought about how connections are like flowers and trees, some fleeting yet fragrant like scattered petals preceding a bride, and some relationships thorny and even toxic at times, yet others with roots, deep, faithful, beautiful, and abiding. There is beauty in the single petal, yet for me, it is the eclectic bouquet of connections that has truly enriched my life.  Each time you relate to another person whether in conversation on the bus, as spouse, best friend, teacher, student, or coworker, your life bouquet is filled with more color and diversity.  That's such a good thing! (Don't forget to water!)

This week at Ridgeview we are honored to have guests from Argentina who will be sharing with us in the worship service. Won't you join us at 10:15 am at Ridgeview http://www.ridgeviewmennonite.net/and add to your bouquet of connections?  Merv Stoltzfus will be joining you in the Upper Room at 9am.  :)


In this contentious time of the election process, don't forget in whom our trust and hope really belongs!

A prayer for today:  He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High, who abides in the shadow of the Almighty, will say to the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress; my God, in whom I trust. Psalm 91:1-2   
Creator God, thank you for being our shelter, never leaving us nor forsaking us.  There are times we don't "feel" you, but you are the clean water and nourishing sunshine of our lives, always present to bring healing and hope even when we are in thorny relationships and painful situations. Grant us courage to trust and not be afraid for Love (and that is you!)is greater than fear.  Come Kingdom of God. Be done will of God on earth as it is in heaven. In Jesus name. Amen.

Without question or doubt, you are loved by God, and I love you too!  Don't hesitate to contact me if you need prayer or a chat! 

Love and Light,
Carol
"Always remember who you are, whose you are, where you are going, and what you believe, because it does make a difference!  Oh, and don't forget to attend a church of your choice this weekend. "  jd

No comments:

Post a Comment