Friday, April 12, 2013

 CHAOS reigned. Hate. Judgment. Despair. Death. Famine. War. Fear.
 Souls were filled with darkness.
Light swirled in the darkness but few were able to grasp it.

GOD spoke. "My children. Follow me. My Kingdom is at hand. Love. Compassion. Hope. Life. Feasting. Peace. Courage.
I'm here. Follow me. I will show you the Way."

CHAOS continues to pull and shout, "Mistrust! Distrust! Hate! Be afraid! Enemies, all around!"

GOD whispers, gently and constantly, "Trust! Hope! Love! Courage! Sisters and Brothers, all around!
This is my Kingdom way. Come, my children, come, and I will give you life, and joy, and rest."

Come Kingdom of God. Be done, will of God, here, on Earth as it is in Heaven. 


Brother Mick's message this week is with sermon text of John 21:1-19, and he has titled it, "Swatting Flies." Boy, living here in Lancaster county we understand that imagery! In his pre-sermon notes Mick says, "We are so used to adding or subtracting, embellishing or polishing our own life stories, that sometimes I think it distracts us from following Christ more fully."  I do not embellish the stories I write in this blog, honest! ;)
http://www.ridgeviewmennonite.net/

The senior high youth will present "International House of Coffee: Bean There, Done That" Sunday evening at 6:30.  Music, skits, desserts, jokes, guitar interludes, :)  and MORE!  This is, of course a fundraiser to defray our costs to the Mennonite convention in Phoenix, but we are hoping it is more of a FUNdraiser.

Prayer for today:  Praise God, sun and moon, praise God, all you shining stars! Praise God, you highest heavens, and you waters above the heavens! Let them praise the name of the Lord! For God commanded, and they were created.  Let the people sing praises! Even the stones will cry out if all others are silent. Praise God!  Creator God, grant us courage to follow your Kingdom Way. Lord, we desire to truly listen to your gentle whisper and guiding light, but we aren't disciplined enough to really listen and see.  Help us, Lord! Give us understanding and clear vision to see You! Thank you!  Come Kingdom of God. Be done will of God, on earth as it is in heaven. In Jesus name. Amen.

Without question or doubt, you are loved by God, and I love you too. :)

Love and Light,
carol

"Always remember who you are, whose you are, where you are going, and what you believe, because it does make a difference! Oh, and don't forget to attend a church of your choice this weekend." jd

No comments:

Post a Comment