Friday, July 29, 2011

I'm Dancing as Fast as I Can!

Ho, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters;
and you that have no money, come, buy and eat!
Come, buy wine and milk, without money and without price.


Heritage Days, Vacation Bible School, writing, teaching, convention prep, family time, house guests, Pittsburgh convention, home visits, breakfast meetings, lunch meetings, youth Sunday, documents to prep,meals to prepare, laundry and ironing, memos to send, letters to write, groceries to buy, plants to water, birds to feed,  pets.... STOP! 
Yesterday was one of those times after I hugged and kissed my parents good-bye sending them on their way back to the Prairie State after a delightful week's visit, I realized I needed to pause and drink from the fountain. Although every single thing I've done this past month, with the exception of cleaning up the cat puke, was wonderful, worthwhile, and I wouldn't change, I need to take a deep breath and have a moment to "come to the water."  That meant I made a difficult decision to cancel a fun, youth event scheduled for Saturday night....sigh... That was hard for me to do, because I love these kids and don't want to let them down; I really, really don't.  But if I am a dry and grumpy youth minister, not to mention wife, mom, and friend who thinks thinks that the art to being good at something is to go, go, go, and do, do, do, well, then I am in the wrong business. There is refreshment available, free and delicious, but I must make the time to go to the Creator's stand.


This week Brother Mick is back and preaching "Too Good to be True?" sharing from Isaiah 55:1-5 reminding all of us that it is in God we find nourishment in our times of need. (Apropos for me) Another significant part of our service will be the commissioning of Dick Thomas for his role as moderator of the Mennonite Church USA for the next two years.  We will welcome a number of special guests as Dick receives this charge.


Is it really the end of July???
I've heard via the grapevine that the CPA exam has not only mental challenges but also driving obstacles as bears may strike your vehicle post testing!  What's the story, Eric?? :)
Etta will be facilitating in the Upper Room on Sunday.
We will not have Sunday School for the month of August, and church worship will begin at 9:30am. 

My prayer for today:  Creator God, you tell us, 'Ho! Come to the waters everyone who thirsts.' Why don't we listen to you?  Why do we tend to get caught in our busyness and tasks, our "to do" lists, our corporate climbs, even our good deeds, so that before long we feel dry, stressed, and weary?  Thanks for your open arms, your loving heart, your cool and refreshing water.  Remind us that you designed us for Sabbath rest.  When we are refreshed by your living water, then we can go about the kingdom work designed for us to do. Come Kingdom of God. Be done, will of God-- on earth as it is in heaven.  In Jesus Name. AMEN

Without question or doubt, you are loved by God, and I love you too.  
love and light, 
carol 

 "Always remember who you are, whose you are, where you are going, and what you believe, because it does make a difference!  Oh, and don't forget to attend a church of your choice this weekend. "  jd

No comments:

Post a Comment